Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year!!! I can't believe it's 2009. This will be the 10th year since I came to this country. what can people do in 10 years? I think I came a long way from who I was then to who I am now. For one, I am able to use English to blog! I got my two master degrees, have a decent job, started to play softball and football and most importantly I have a great group of friends. yes, without my family and the friends, I don't think I can make it. Thank you, everyone!

Just like everyone else, I guess today is the day to think about my new year resolutions. I actually started thinking about it for a few days so here goes my new year resolutions...

I will not sleep pass noon time on the days I don't work
I am never a morning person so waking up early is like mission impossible for me. Of course, when it comes to weekends and holidays, I usually sleep until whenever (whenever reads after noon time). It's been a while that I didn't even get up until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. This results in not being able to go to bed early at night and wake up even later the next day. And if the next day I have to work and have to get up early, it would result in a very inefficient day at work due to the lack of sleep.This is bad! I know I will not be able to change to morning person right away, but my goal is I will not sleep pass noon time no matter what! Hopefully at this time next year, my goal would be to wake up before 9 AM :-)

I will run 30 minutes on the treadmill everyday
I guess the goal behind this is really to lose weight, even though most people think I probably don't need to lose much. I don't go to the gym. The only exercise I really have is probably the softball and football games once a week. I don't think this is enough exercise. On top of that, I want to win the bet with my coworker!! There is still one more week to go and whoever loses the most percentage weight will win $60!

I will try to go to batting cage on a regular basis
I am never good with sports growing up. Somehow I got myself involved with softball and football now. I guess since I didn't play sports when I was young, I have to put more effort now to catch up.

No comments: