Monday, December 22, 2008

It is so freaking cold!

I already said in my first post that I am never the kind of person who writes on a regular basis. I actually thought about writing something a few times since my last post but I guess it was just a thought.

So it's been almost two weeks since my last post. Where should I start? Yes, it is so freaking cold today. I felt like I am walking in a freezer. Actually, I think I rather walk in the freezer today because it is only like 15 degrees outside and I think the freezer is warmer than 15 degrees. I never thought I would say I rather walk in the freezer... In addition to the cold, the road condition is not that great in a lot of places. I got probably more than a foot of snow and it snowed for like more than 2 days (from Friday late afternoon to Sunday late afternoon). I don't think I've seen it snows for this long. There were big snow storms, but usually it lasts within a day. And the worse part of this snow storm is that it happened during the weekend and ruined my weekend plan! Alright, I don't really have any weekend plan, but it did cause the cancellation of our flag football and I was forced to stay home for 3 days. I was definitely bored...

What is next? I had a pretty bad week. I found out that my grandma was in ICU Monday morning. My grandma was in Taiwan and I don't have a passport :-( No, I never applied one since I got the citizenship because I just thought I don't really need it at the moment. Of course, things always happen when you are not prepared. Anyway, so I rushed my passport application on Tuesday and should get it within two weeks. I then found out on Tuesday afternoon that she didn't make it. I am very close with my grand parents so this news made me really sad. On top of the bad news, there is also a complicated situation between my mom and her family that she would not be able to go back to Taiwan to see my grandma one last time. Because of this, I even received several angry emails from my little cousin - Cara. I am not ready to write this part of the story down yet, but maybe one day I will.

Tonight is our indoor softball playoffs. I can't believe we have played 8 games already. Our team didn't start too well but I think we are playing much better the last couple weeks. We will have our semi-final at 8:30 PM and if we win, we will play another one at 10:30 PM. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: