Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We lost...

What a surprise! I am actually writing this two days in a row... I just can't promise I will be doing this everyday. Hey! Who cares? I really haven't even told anyone about my blog other than my husband, my mom and my brother. So if you are reading this blog, whoever you are, leave me a comment...

So we lost our softball game last night. We played 7 great innings and stopped the other team from reaching 3rd base. However, we just couldn't score any runs :-( And the top 8th inning, I guess we had our famous 8th inning meltdown and let the other team scored 3 runs. X Man a few others suggested that maybe we should change our team name to "only good for 7 innings". Maybe we should! With indoor softball, chasing 3 runs is more like chasing 15 runs in outdoor if not more. And we had to do this in the bottom 8th, which as you all expected, we didn't get the job done. I think I am responsible for our loss last night. For one, I couldn't hit. I know I have been lazy and haven't gone to batting cage in like 3 weeks or so. I will try not to be lazy! I also missed a easy play at home with bases loaded and no out. Instead of bases loaded and one out, my error made it bases loaded again, no out and one run score. Yes, I blame my laziness for not doing anything for like 3 weeks or so. Note to myself: I really should stop being lazy! Okay, I already blamed myself and now I can blame others... The traffic was unbelievably bad yesterday and no one had the time to pick up QB. I am pretty sure the result might have been different had we had QB playing last night. No, I probably won't tell him in face about this or else he would be too cocky. Oh yes, he will! Anyway, back to our loss... Obviously, we would love to win. But the fact that the winner would have to stay until 10:30 PM for the finals kind of made everyone felt not so bad after all. We still went out to "celebrate" our so so season :-P Hopefully we will do better next session.

Yes, I have a bet with my boss and two coworkers about losing weight. The deadline is one week away (December 31st). $20 each person and the person who loses the most percentage weight will win. To be honest, I really haven't done anything to "lose weight". I wonder if I am able to lose anything within a week?

No comments: